Moving from a TEMPORARY Certificate to a PROFESSIONAL CertificateIn order to obtain your Professional Educator's Teaching Certificate, you are required to submit a Professional Education Competency (PEC) Completion Form within your first two years to the Professional Learning Department.Complete the 1st Year Completion Form and all of the required trainings listed on the form
Complete two (2) professional learning activities within your current area of assignment
- If you have not submitted the 1st Year Form and certificates of completion, please contact Clarissa Langston via e-mail immediately
Receive a satisfactory CTEM evaluationObtain the following signatures on the PEC Form
- To access your Professional Learning Transcript, please refer to iBriefing #11692 (posted on July 18, 2019)
- The course catalog, calendar, and professional learning registration can be found in iLearnU
Complete the Professional Education Competency (PEC) Completion Form and return to the Professional Learning Department
- District Mentor
- School-Based Mentor
- We prefer that you scan and e-mail the form to Clarissa Langston at LANGSTCL@collierschools.com
- If you choose to send via pony, please indicate Box #100
For more information on the requirements to obtain your professional certificate, please click here.
FLORIDA STATUTE 1012.54Purpose of instructional personnel certification—It is the intent of the Legislature that school personnel certified in this state possess the credentials, knowledge, and skills necessary to allow the opportunity for a high-quality education in the public schools. The purpose of school personnel certification is to protect the educational interests of students, parents, and the public at large by assuring that teachers in this state are professionally qualified. In fulfillment of its duty to the citizens of this state, the Legislature has established certification requirements to assure that educational personnel in public schools possess appropriate skills in reading, writing, and mathematics, and adequate pedagogical knowledge, including the use of technology to enhance student learning, and relevant subject matter competence so as to demonstrate an acceptable level of professional performance. Further, the Legislature has established a certificate renewal process which promotes the continuing professional improvement of school personnel, thereby enhancing public education in all areas of the state.