Special Education Assistant
To recruit and retain highly qualified Special Education teachers, CCPS is developing a Special Education Assistant career development pipeline to build pathways from novice Special Education professional to strong teacher leader within Special Education. ESE Assistants are often encouraged by their building administrator to pursue certification due to their significant instructional experience, knowledge of the district, and interest in becoming a licensed teacher. In addition, Special Education Assistants are more likely to match the racial and linguistic diversity of the K–12 student population.
Exceptional Student Education (ESE) Assistant Fast Facts:
Benefits – Collier County is one of the last public schools systems in Florida who still pays 100% of the employee premiums for health insurance!
- 100% District-paid Medical and basic term life insurance
- Paid Personal and Sick Leave
- A part of the Florida Retirement System (FRS)
- Free Employee Assistant/Wellness and Work-Life Balance Programs
- Additional voluntary benefits (vision, dental, flexible spending account, pet insurance)
- 60 college credit hours, Associate’s degree (or higher); or passing score on ParaPro Assessment
- Implement the District’s philosophy of education and instructional programs
- Assists the teacher(s) in providing a well-organized, smoothly functioning educational environment in which students with disabilities may take full advantage of the instructional program and available resources.
- Supports the efforts to organize and coordinate the classroom and school-wide programs for students with disabilities
- Works under the direct supervision and in close proximity of a Highly Qualified Teacher.
ESE Assistant Hiring Process:
- Go to www.collierschools.com/employment
- Click the "Jobs Vacancies / Online Application" link to create or log into an existing applicant account
- Complete the online application (upload required documents such as resume and transcripts)
- Finish and submit